As Christians rally to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they are faced with a multitude of controversy. One example: photos depicting Jesus Christ upon the cross with mocking captions below it: as seen in this particular photo.
The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree… yeah, makes perfect sense now.
To most followers of ...view middle of the document...
It’s made very clear in the bible.
* can make you live forever: Followers of Jesus Christ will have eternal life in Heaven when Jesus returns to the earth once more. Those who don’t abide in Christ will too have eternal life Jesus just changes the place for those he chooses John 6
* if you symbolically eat his flesh: The bread is a symbol of the body of Jesus, never to be forgotten as it was given to us. The cup represents the blood of Jesus, never to be forgotten as he poured out His life for us. Jesus Christ has offered everybody the gift of His life, death and resurrection. The Last Supper reminds us of Christ's sacrifice, and that by faith in Him, we can dine with Christ for all eternity. "And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them saying, 'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me'" (Luke 22:19).
* and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master: When we pray the prayer of salvation, we're letting God know we believe His Word is true. By the faith He has given us, we choose to believe in Him. The Bible tells us that "without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)
* so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because: When we pray the prayer of salvation, we're admitting that we've sinned. As the Bible says of everyone, save Christ alone: "For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God, and justified by grace as a gift, through the redemption of the glory of God….that is in Christ Jesus " (Romans 3:23-25)
* a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree…: The words of the Bible And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to...