Business Management 3600
CASE STUDY: Management at work
* Does the pattern of management developments at GE over the last century seem to reflect the pattern suggested by management theory? Explain your answer
* Yes, GE development seem to reflect the pattern of management theory. In example, their blue book theory was in place to help manage the management every move. This prime example was one that was led by founders in the history of business. The company also focused on offering their employees pensions and profit sharing which went hand in hand with the basis of HR functions which is one of the basics of the administrate side of the classical ...view middle of the document...
Only would come internally. In order for them to lead in a direction that would continue success and growth of GE within the fast pace of the industry. They did whatever they could to keep the ball rolling. They would only use their own employees to receive proper training and technique with knowledge of the growth of the company and industry that they were surrounded by. Developing new leader with new ideas would be the overlook of GE. That was there main objective.
* Contingency plan was to stay focus on their employees. Because there employees were the most dependent on to help innovate the company as one in with their individual aspect on what is the good of the company. In order for that to take place they would send theses employees to their leadership campus, because they felt that every idea could be structure into good idea for the success of the company.
* Why, in your opinion, has GE been so successful in integrating the management science approach with less quantitative approaches?
* In my opinion I believe that GE Focus on the company efficiency by developing leadership thru there employees. The thought of having more and being able to innovate with technology and the environment that was around them. GE was able to remain suitable for the consumer everyday need. The work on building an effective global culture seems to be more of the goal them than anything else. Basically old history with a modified approach to adapt to this era.
* Furthermore, I feel as if the company focus less on economical issues that were occurring at that time. Only because through the reading it didn’t really mention much about negatives issues that went on at the time of t success of GE. I say this because in order for a company to be success of for any individual in this world to become successful you have to be able to go thru hardship at point in time to the journey of your success, because at that point it could either make you or break you.
* 4 .In what ways does the change in GE’s approach to leadership reflects the same conditions as those that influence its current approach to management?
* Building leader from the inside, Ge used there people (employees) to help gain more success of the company. The employees where the ones that knows the company inside and...