Nike is the world leading manufacturer of athletic shoes, apparel and equipment. Nike is one of the most popular companies all over the globe. Nike also experienced some problems that affect their companies, which are usually experienced even in other companies.
As one of the biggest brands in the business, Nike became the center of the eyes of people across the United States, because of the criticism about the sweatshop labor case. Facing this kind of criticism, Nike tried to cover the malicious issue from the bad press, but they cannot defeat the negative feelings from the people.
Nike also faced majority challenge involving ethical issues and debates. One of the ethical issues involved “Nike did not pay the living wage of ...view middle of the document...
They hired firm to monitor and to ensure accurate accounting reports. Nike faces several challenges; however, it can achieve continual success by applying effective operational and strategic plan.
Despite of their several attempts by Nike launching a debate established overseas regarding whether Nike was in violation of ethical guidelines and regulations, Nike is still the focus of protests regarding the child labor laws and unsafe working environments.
Nike was forced to change their strategic plans and the case of the Nike sweatshops demonstrated on how difficult it can be a business to become a global because of some different rules and regulations established by that particular country.
Statement of the Problem:
* Why Nike let to have a sweatshop worker?
* To produce a lot of products
* To gain more profit
* To develop new products
Areas of Consideration
Strengths (Internal Factor)
* Brand Loyalty
* Quality products
* Market power
Weaknesses (Internal Factor)
* Public relations
* Being on top
Opportunities (External Factor)
* Helps improve world standards for employees
* Make more money through innovation
* Can improve their world image with positive response
Threats (External Factor)
* World public image
* Increase competition
* Nike should make sure that the company is following the rules and regulations on recruitment like training, health, safety and salary
* Nike should build or create program that would help them in dealing with problematic behaviors of the employee
* Nike should need to conduct training programs for employee