Looking back over the past two weeks I have observed many strengths within CanGo. The following is a list of the strengths as seen in the videos;
(9=urgently need to be addressed, 6=needs to be addressed, 3=should be addressed, and 1=can be addressed)
• Jack was introduced to us and brought possibly a great idea to the table. (9)
• CanGo has recognized a problem with shipping and is attempting to repair it. (3)
• CanGo has constructed its website to mirror the consumer buying process. (3)
• The team is attempting to find out why shoppers place items in their virtual shopping carts but don’t follow through with the purchase. (9)
• Andrew utilized VALS2 to get a better understanding of their target market. (3)
• CanGo has built their technology around the behaviors of the consumers. (9)
• There was an increase in sales to the Japanese market. (6)
• Debbie continues to be a strong team member who doesn’t hesitate to step up. (3)
• Assets to liabilities look ...view middle of the document...
The team has found that 75% of online shoppers place products in their virtual shopping carts but fail to follow through with the purchase. Andrew utilized the VALS2 surveys to get a better understanding of the target market. This information will give CanGo a better understanding of the buying patterns of twenty year olds not only in the US but in other countries.
CanGo has built their technology around the behaviors of the consumers. Although they have done this, behaviors change constantly so the team must keep this technology up to date by constantly conducting studies and upgrading their technology.
Although there was an increase in sales to the Japanese market, the team at CanGo needs to figure out why and attempt to mimic these strategies to expand their products to other foreign markets. This influx in sales could be as simple as peer pressure buying.
One of our week three assignments was to conduct a financial analysis of CanGo and the company’s assets compared to the current obligations looks favorable. In order to keep these numbers, CanGo needs to work to keep customers and expand (online gaming). Once the online gaming comes alive, these numbers should grow.
CanGo also creates 82% of the revenue into profits. When the online gaming begins, CanGo will have to keep their cost down to a minimum in order to keep their gross profits to revue percentile high.
Class Videos. (Date unknown). CanGo Quicktime Videos [Video File].
Week 3, first video- http://www.devryu.net/ec/courses/66282/CRS-BUSN460-5366196/Lecture/Episode3/video1a.html
Week 3, second video- http://www.devryu.net/ec/courses/66282/CRS-BUSN460-5366196/Lecture/Episode3/video2a.html
Week 3, third video- http://www.devryu.net/ec/courses/66282/CRS-BUSN460-5366196/Lecture/Episode3/video3a.html
Week 4, first video- http://www.devryu.net/ec/courses/66282/CRS-BUSN460-5366196/Lecture/Episode4/video1a.html
Week 4, second video- http://www.devryu.net/ec/courses/66282/CRS-BUSN460-5366196/Lecture/Episode4/video2a.html
Week 4, third video- http://www.devryu.net/ec/courses/66282/CRS-BUSN460-5366196/Lecture/Episode4/video3a.html
CanGo intranet site- http://myphlip2.pearsoncmg.com/masteringbusiness/cango/
VALS2 website- http://www.strategicbusinessinsights.com/vals/presurvey.shtml