1. For Week1 1, you will analyze cases based on the first letter of your last name.
* A - M: Chapter 2 (4-7) and Chapter 3 (8-10) in the Dynamic Business Law text
* N - Z: Chapter 2 (8-10) and Chapter 3 (5-7) in the Dynamic Business Law text
2. For each assigned case, analyze the issue based on the following criteria:
* Identify the parties involved in the case dispute (who is the plaintiff and who is the defendant).
* Identify the facts associated with the case and fact patterns.
* Develop the appropriate legal issue(s) in question (i.e., the specific legal issue between the two parties).
* Provide a judgment on who should win the case - be ...view middle of the document...
Because the tree was in an adjacent property, Mr. Clark is not responsible for Mr. Galindo’s death because he has an obligation to warn of known hazards posed by what’s on his property.
4) Provide a judgment on who should win the case - be clear.
The judgment should be for the plaintiff. After reading the facts about Mr. Clark inspecting the uprooting tree, informing the townsman of the falling tree, having called the town to inform of possible danger clearly states he was aware of the possible danger of this tree, therefore having the ethical responsibility of reasonable care to warn against potential injury to his property, family, or any property or persons visiting his home.
5) Support your decision with an appropriate rule of law.
While Mr. Clark could have determined when this tree would fall, or where it would land, he knew it posed an imminent danger to the public, his property, family and any one or object with the vicinity of the 80 foot unstable tree. This is called negligence to use reasonable care that resulted in the death of Mr. Galindo.
Chapter 2 Case 9: Guilbeault v. R, J. Reynolds Tobacco Co:
1) Identify the parties involved in the case dispute (who is the plaintiff and who is the defendant).
The plaintiff in this case is Leo Guilbeault. The defendant was the manufactures of the Camel cigarette, R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.
2) Identify the facts associated with the case and fact patterns.
Mr. Guilbeault was...