I would like to express my deepest admiration to all those who provided me the possibility to complete this report. A special thank goes to my bellowed lecturer for giving me necessary guidance and instructions to make this a success. Furthermore I would like to thank my family members for supporting me throughout the entire process and especially this wouldn’t have been possible without the support of my mother and father.
This report provides an analysis of the purposes of three business organizations called Bogawanthalawa Tea Estates PLC, Swarnamahal Financial PLC and Vallibel Power Erathna PLC and the nature of the national environments in which the ...view middle of the document...
The report finds that,
* The companies have to set their mission statements paving the way for achieving their goals.
* The companies which are more into fulfilling shareholder expectations would be more successful than the other companies.
* Identifying different types of responsibilities and performing them would earn the organization much reputation.
* The mixed economic system in which the company Vallibel Power Erathna PLC operates, is allocating resources effectively and efficiently while ensuring their sustainability.
* The fiscal policy manipulates the quantity demanded and economic growth with best price decisions while the monetary policy is manipulating the supply of money.
* Pricing and output decisions of the company Bogawanthalawa PLC are made carefully as the demand and supply forces change along with the time.
* As a tea manufacturing company, Bogawanthalawa PLC has identified its external environment and the impacts of the PESTEL factors on the organization.
* The global factors like financial crisis, war and global warming have a negative impact on Sri Lankan business organizations.
* Being a member state, UK has a lot of benefits from EU such as Educational, Social, Environmental, Economical and Technological etc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.0 INTRODUCTION 6
2.0 BODY 7
2.1 Task 1 7
2.1.1 LO1.1 7
220.127.116.11The Mission Statement of Bogawanthalawa PLC 7
18.104.22.168 The Mission Statement of Vallible Power Erathna PLC 7
22.214.171.124 The Mission Statement of Swarnamahal Financial services PLC 8
126.96.36.199 Who are the Stakeholders? 11
188.8.131.52 Stakeholder Expectations 11
184.108.40.206 The stakeholder mapping 14
2.2 Task 2 19
2.2.1 LO2.1 19
220.127.116.11 What is an economic system? 19
18.104.22.168.1 What is Planned Economy? 19
22.214.171.124.2 What is Market Economy? 19
126.96.36.199.3 What is Mixed Economy? 19
188.8.131.52 How do the three economic systems allocate the scarce resources ? 20
184.108.40.206 How does the mixed economic system, in whichVallible Power Erathne PLC operates allocate the resources? 21
2.2.2 LO2.2 22
220.127.116.11 What is Fiscal Policy? 22
18.104.22.168 What is Monetary Policy? 22
22.214.171.124 The impact of Fiscal Policy on Vallible Power Erathna PLC 23
126.96.36.199 The impact of Monetary Policy on Vallible Power Erathna PLC 24
188.8.131.52 What is Competition Policy? 25
184.108.40.206 The impact of Competition Policy on a business organization 25
2.3 Task 3 27
220.127.116.11 A brief explanation to the market structures 27
18.104.22.168 Assuming that the company called BogawanthalawaPLC is operating in a Monopolistic competitive market 28
22.214.171.124 The determinants of Demand 30
126.96.36.199.1 An increase in the Demand curve 30
188.8.131.52.2 A decrease in Demand curve 31
184.108.40.206 The determinants of Supply 32
220.127.116.11.1 An increase in Supply curve 32
18.104.22.168.2 A decrease in Supply curve 33
22.214.171.124 The way in which the market forces shape the business...