BIS 220 Final Exam
1) Two information systems that support the entire organization are
A. enterprise resource planning systems and dashboards
B. transaction processing systems and office automation systems
C. enterprise resource planning systems and transaction processing systems
D. expert systems and office automation systems
2) _______ is the direct use of information systems by employees in their work
A. Transaction processing systems
B. End-user computing
C. Decision support systems
D. Management information systems
3) ______ attempt to duplicate the work of human experts by applying reasoning capabilities
A. Expert systems
...view middle of the document...
Improper use of commas and other punctuation
9) If your cursor is near the bottom of a page and you want to display the next paragraph you type at the top of a new page, you should use which of the following?
D. Page Layout, Breaks, Line Numbers
10) Your ______ is the collection of traceable data that is captured when you use various information technologies such as credit cards or the Internet
A. data profile
B. data shadow
C. database file
D. database record
11) No alphabetic characters in a social security number field is an example of
A. data isolation
B. data consistency
C. data integrity
D. data redundancy
12) In a database, the primary key field is used to
A. specify an entity
B. uniquely identify an attribute
C. identify duplicated data
D. uniquely identify a record
13) Search engines and metasearch engines are examples of which network application?
D. Web services
14) ______ portals coordinate content within relatively narrow organizational and partners’ communities
15) Workflow, groupware, and telepresence systems are examples of which network application?
C. Web services
16) Which type of e-commerce does an organization provide information and services to its workers?
17) _______ auctions are the most common auction model for large purchases.
18) ______ collect data from many points over an extended space.
A. Bluetooth® networks
B. Ultra-wideband networks
C. Wireless sensor networks
D. Wi-Fi networks
19) Which type of satellite has the largest footprint?
A. Low earth orbit
C. Medium earth orbit
D. Equatorial orbit
20) Which of the following is the most appropriate wireless networking standard for creating personal area networks?