New Privacy Issues Related to Cyberspace
Objective: Analyze personal privacy issues related to various personal and business-related cybersecurity scenarios.
Competencies: Critical thinking, communication skills
Select three organizations within the same industry from the list below and
1. Briefly describe the organizations and their missions (stated on their web site).
2. Identify and list the similarities and differences among the organizations’ privacy policies.
3. For each organization, recommend changes to their policies that could (a) better protect customers’ or consumers’ privacy, and (b) give the organizations more flexibility to use personal information ...view middle of the document...
The page count begins with the introduction and ends with the conclusions. The questions asked in the assignment should first be outlined (the outline is not included in the document), then the outline should be used to create the Table of Contents and the document sub-headings. The Introduction should briefly preview each sub-heading in the document
Industry | Organizations |
Social Media | LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Twitter |
Mobile Phone | Verizon Wireless, Cricket, AT&T Wireless, Metro PCS |
Antivirus Software | AntiVirus Grisoft, Norton, McAfee, Microsoft, Kaspersky, Avast |
eCommerce | eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, TigerDirect |
Telecommunications | AT&T, Verizon, Sprint |
Big Box | Walmart, Target, Costco, Sears |
Streaming Media | Netflix, Blockbuster, Walmart (VUDU), Xbox |
Search Engines | Google, Yahoo, Bing |
Insurance Companies | Farmers Insurance Group, Monumental Life Insurance, Metropolitan Life Insurance |
Fast Food | McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King |
Online Higher Education | Drexel University Online, University of Maryland University College, Penn State World Campus, Coursera |
Media | The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS News, ESPN.com |
Banks | Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, SunTrust, a credit union |
Job Search Sites | USAjobs.gov, Monster.com, Indeed.com, Careerbuilder.com, Simplyhired.com |
Grocery Stores | Safeway, Giant, Whole Foods, Kroger |
MANDATORY FORMAT GUIDANCE for all Assignments
1. The paper has 1” margins all-around (top, bottom, left, and right margins) using US letter paper size.
2. Paper is of the expected length (page and word count). References do not count for page length or word count.
3. The paper has a title, author, course, and section on the first page. The title is centered, three inches from top of the page. The title must be centered in all caps. The title must identify the assignment number and the student's title for their work for the assignment (for example, IA1 - WHY I WRITE). The author's name must centered on the line below the title. The course and section identifiers must be on the second line below the title, centered.
4. Text must be in Times or Times New Roman font, 12pt, 1.5 line or double spacing.
5. The paper must be divided and organized by sections. Each section has a numbered, left aligned, bold, 14pt section...