Template of the Athletics Teaching Training Program.
Here are some steps that would be very handy to base your athletics program on.
1. Plan for Success – Make sure that you have all of your equipment ready, be completely organised.
2. Sizzling Starts – Get the kids attention, get down to their level, get to point and make it sound as interesting and as fun as possible.
4. Dynamic Dialogue – Make your introduction as short and sweet as possible. Talking for too long will make the kids wrestles and bored.
5. Show, Don't tell – Most of the kids will learn what to do better if you show them, rather than trying to explain it, because they will get bored and lose concentration.
6. Ban the Boring Bits – When you are explaining what to do, show all of the exciting bits to get them interested, don’t say the boring bits and throw in a joke if need be.
7. Exciting Endings – Always finish with the final activity, they will enjoy it a lot more, especially when they know how to do the activity correct. Hence why we do the small activities to show them how to do it.
8. Coaching points – Have 3 easy and simple coaching points so the kids understand and won’t forget.
9. Equipment – Have all your equipment ready to go, do not run around in the last minute finding equipment because you weren’t organised.
10. Safety – Keep an eye on the kids at all times to prevent any sort of injury.