2. Describe what steps you would take to address the following scenario involving management,
behavior, and performance:
• The employee tends to burst into a rage when criticized and is frequently late to work as
noticed by her boss and other staff members. When her boss attempts to address her behavioral issues and the company late policy, the employee’s response is that she “knows her rights and what to do” if she is wrongfully discharged. She also says she took a business law class in undergrad that taught her “everything she needs to know about exceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine and wrongful discharge in violation of
3. Describe what steps you would take to address the following scenario involving labor and laws:
• The ...view middle of the document...
4. Describe what steps you would take to address the following scenario involving policies and
• The employee’s supervisor consistently asks her out on dates; the employee initially
refuses to go out on a date with her supervisor. The employee later discusses the issue with her girlfriend who encourages her to accept his offers. During her new employee orientation, the employee was informed of the company policy which prevented employees from dating their supervisor and was given an employee handbook with the written policy. The employee and her supervisor later begin having a consensual relationship
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Assess how employment-at-will and Sarbanes-Oxley impact corporate whistleblowing.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate
Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and
language and writing skills, using the following rubric.