LISTENING REACTION PAPER [pic]
Speech 100 – all sections.
The Listening Exercise takes place in class. You must be in class doing the exercise to be able to write this short paper.
Type a double-spaced, two page paper (see ”Format” in the class syllabus for instructions on margins, etc.) Type full pages – don’t skimp! It’s worth points to fill the ...view middle of the document...
2. Discuss your personal “barriers” to listening (p. 29-31 in the workbook “Communicate.”) How
well did you listen? Discuss difficulties you may have experienced during the exercise.
3. Consider page 31 in the workbook – what steps did you take while listening to another
4. Do page 37-38 in the Communicate workbook, “Analysis of my listening effectiveness” – and
tell me what your results were. What did your results tell you?
5. Finally, when it was YOUR turn to talk and have another person listen to you: (a) Discuss how
it felt to have someone listen to you – really listen, without judging, without offering advice, or
without trying to ”fix” it. (b) How could you tell they were listening to you?
6. What did you think of this exercise?
** This paper is worth 20 points – points are awarded on the QUALITY and also the required length of the paper, as well as if you have answered the above questions in a “scholarly” manner.