AQA AS Level ICT
1: Introduction. 3
2: Code of Conduct 3
3: Resources 5
4: Homework 5
5: Contact Details 5
6: Course Structure 5
8: Monitoring Your Own Progress 6
9: Coursework Assignments 7
Welcome to AS Level ICT.
Please keep this handbook at the beginning of your ICT folder.
What is the aim of this course?
Information Technologies are now widely used in all aspects of government, business, education, leisure and the home. In an increasingly technological age, a study of Advanced Information Technology and ...view middle of the document...
AS and A Level ICT is a first step in an ICT or business career.
The ICT staff.
You will be taught by the following teachers on this course:
• Aisha Rabbani – Head of ICT/Computing
2: Code of Conduct
In order to maximise your potential during your course of study, it is vital that you fully understand our expectations of your conduct from the very start.
Being a 'good citizen'
Our main general expectation is that you will conduct yourself in an adult and considerate way in all your dealings with fellow students and staff.
You must ensure that you always arrive to lessons on time. Failure to do this will cause inconvenience to your fellow students, your teachers, and yourself.
Your conduct during lessons.
• Mobile phones must be turned off during lessons.
• Eating, drinking and chewing are strictly prohibited in lesson.
• You must respect every member of the class at all times
• Complete all work set to the best of your ability.
• Always bring your personal diary, paper and your stationary to every lesson.
• Take full notes in every lesson, as requested by your teacher.
What do we expect from you?
• We expect you to work to the best of your ability at all times.
• We expect you to follow all the college procedures, and code of conduct for lessons.
• We expect you to complete all work set.
• We expect you to respect yourselves, other students and your teachers.
• We expect you to be prepared for all lessons, with all the relevant equipment.
• Complete all homework set to the best of your ability.
What you can expect from us
• Planning interesting and effective lessons.
• Providing you access to all the relevant resources.
• Monitoring your progress.
• Helping you to achieve your best
• Marking work you complete with feedback of how to improve.
• Ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to excel.
How you will organise you work:
Each student must provide an ICT folder in which to store their work. Although many of your notes, etc will be in electronic form, many tests/case studies and other resources will be paper based. These will build up very quickly. It is therefore vital that you organise yourself from the start of the year.
You will need an A4 ring binder and 10 dividers per module for this.
Resources that you must bring to every lesson
You must bring the following resources with you to every lesson. The college will not provide you with these.
• Personal diary
• Your ICT folder
• A 4 Paper.
It is essential that you complete all homework set. This is an important part of your work, and essential to your progress in this course.
5: Contact Details
All ICT/computing staff are available in the ICT office during the day.
You can email your subject teachers at:
6: Course Structure