1. As far as the competitors are concerned, does anyone provide a service similar to:
I. Recon Exchange
II. Job Work
If YES, how similar/different is the way they operate their respective businesses under these services?
[This would help us analyse whether there is actually some competition or we have a monopoly in Recon Exchange/Job Work market]
2. What do Cummins customers prefer between Job Work/Recon Exchange? Is the patter similar/consistent for our competitors too?
3. How different/similar is the warranty provided by the competitors and how does it affect the prices? [For this we need to understand the warranty process of Cummins as well]
Job Work Questionnaire
1. Which companies provide Job Work apart from Cummins?
2. Whose Job Work is most preferred by the customers? How many competitors are ahead of Cummins?
3. Is the prices of the competitors (especially the ones who are ahead of Cummins ...view middle of the document...
Is it possible to know, what all pricing components are being included by the competitors in their quotation?
9. Is the quotation in case of competitors the final one, or do they consider revisions? (This is just to see what the market trend is)
10. Do the competitors do the entire Job Work in-house or like Cummins they also have tie-ups with other firms?
11. Is the new part price of Cummins and competitors in line with each other?
Recon Exchange Questionnaire
1. Who all are the competitors and where do they stand w.r.t. Cummins?
2. On an average how frequently are the Recon Exchange prices updated in case of the competitors?
3. In case even they have a Core Exchange program, how much do they price the Core? (Like Cummins has it at 10% of Market Price)
4. In case the Cummins Recon is not as successful as some of the competitor’s offerings, what factors actually contribute to it? Is it the price or some other aspects? [Meaning is there a scope for price increase while enhancing the quality/service levels]
5. What all company’s new engines are preferred by the customers over the Recon Exchange? How much on an average do the prices of these new engines vary (above/below) with respect to our Recon Engines?
6. In case the customers prefer a new Engine of some other company over our Recon Engine, what happens to their core? Does it open a market of ‘Core Procurement’ for us?
7. What is the percentage of market (volume percentage) that Cummins has captured? [It’s important to know this since it straightaway gives us the data about the opportunities available for Recon, and hence the possibility of an increase in price]
8. Are there such cases wherein the new engine of a particular series is doing very well in the market but its recon is not? [This opens up an opportunity for higher sales of this particular model, thereby creating a scope for price increase]
9. Is there a direct correlation between the success of an engine series and its respective recon?
10. What is the consumer perception about the Recon Engines? Will there be a willingness amongst the consumers to continue buying Recon in case of a price increase?
11. At what frequency shall the Recon prices be revised so that it is better accepted by the customers?